DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    All other devices
        Program Description Problem

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
awol
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 09:28 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I dont know if this is specific to my device but I am sending to Tivoweb. Generally the program title,description and episode get sent fine but I have come across a program description which causes Dabdig to send the info incorrectly. the description from Pushing Daisies ITV1(I've cut it short)is --

Keeping a secret is difficult. Gumshoe Emerson Cod, for instance, is wrestling with his desire to tell Vivian the truth about the demise of her "gentleman caller" Dwight Dixon, who we know is currently inhabiting the coffin of newly resurrected (but long gone) Charles Charles.

Below is the result in from the dabdig.txt file (which also includes the rest of the program info if you need it) -

31/03/2009 12:17:52 - 2.59b26 - "RECORD" "ITV1 Granada" "2655" "Pushing Daisies" "2009" "4" "3" "22" "35" "60" "gentleman caller" "Dwight" "Dixon," "who" "we" "know" "is" "currently" "inhabiting" "the" "coffin" "of" "newly" "resurrected" "(but" "long" "gone)" "Charles" "Charles."

I think the problem, is with the exclamation marks on "gentleman caller" confusing Dabdig possibly. I could give more program info if needed.

Thanks

AW

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 - 20:04 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Ouch - those quotation marks look horrible.

In November 2006 I released a version that I thought made quotes work well ...

2.57b12 13-Nov-2006

- Allow double-quote in synopsis to be converted because it can break external systems when passed as a parameter.

Was this a very old "Anytime" recording that might have been set in DigiGuide when you were still using much older version of DABDig?

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Edited by Paul Webster on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 3:05:23 PM

awol
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2009 - 09:39 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I'm not sure what an 'anytime' recording is but I am using the latest version of dabdig v2.59b26 to send the recording to, and this is a recording setup for next week(came across it the other day browsing my recording todo list. Because the description gets send before the genre and episode they too ends up wrong. I get genre as "dwight" and episode as "Dixon". Could the fix made in v2.57b12 have been broken in a new update ? I would certainly give v2.57b12 a try for you if you want to email me it.

AW

Paul Webster
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2009 - 17:08 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I need to find another programme with quotation marks in the synopsis (the ITV1 London episode description for that show does not have any) to see if I can repeat it.

DABDig should be using a special DigiGuide tag called $EncodedDescription - you won't see if you are using the "Immediate Record" function in DABDig to send requests to your TiVo.

However, if you queue up something in the future (not with Immediate Record) and then use DigiGuide to edit the marker and look at the Alert tab then you should see a long command line with DABDIGURI:$EncodedDescription in it.

If you do not see that then you might be using a very old DABDig.dgmarker file

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

awol
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 - 06:13 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Oh I see, Dabdig is more integrated into Digiguide than I thought. I am not actually using Dabdig with Digiguide as I tried it and didnt like the layout. I am using Dabdig with TVbrowser and sending the parameters to Dabdig from the recorder plugin which generally works fine but I can only send the description as it is in the guide and no encoding facility. So I guess I am stuck with the problem occuring every now and then, unless you could maybe set the main Dabdig script to delete all exclamation marks except the start and end ones before passing to the recorder ?

Paul Webster
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 - 12:25 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Do you need the programme synopsis to be sent over?

If not - then simply don't send it from TVBrowser to DABDig.

I have never used TVBrowser - and I don't speak German ... but from a look at he forum and basic documentation I think that you might be able to replace the synopsis parameter with something like this ...

DABDIGURI:{urlencode(description, "ISO-8859-1")}

If this does not work, then paste in here the command line that you have configured it to use.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

awol
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 - 17:23 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Paul-your amazing, that seems to work fine for the " marks, I see it converts them to a ' Thankyou. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining(I'm not) but is still doesn't like & signs, if you have a trick up your sleeve for shifting them too.

If your still interested the parameter I am sending from the recording plugin is now -

dabdig.vbe RECORD "{channel_name}" "{channel_name_external}" "{title}" {start_year} {start_month} {start_day} {start_hour} {start_minute} {length_minutes} DABDIGURI:{urlencode(description, "ISO-8859-1")} "{genre}" "{episode}"

With the channel names setup as the numbers from the recorders channel details, and I am starting application wscript.exe

I could export my plugin and email you it if you wanted.

Thanks again.

AW

Paul Webster
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2009 - 19:31 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Try putting quotes around the description part - from just before DABDIGURI to just after the }

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

awol
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 14:44 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

No luck, but what I have noticed is with or without those quotes Dabdig still sends the whole description present and correct in the http command, so it must be a manrec issue, so I may have a look at that when I get chance. But I am very happy with the results from above.

Cheers

AW

awol
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - 20:21 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Finally fixed it Paul for all characters like " & etc. I use the urlencode command you suggested but without the DABDIGURI:

I also use the same command for the title and episode(but obviously containing title or episode instead of description.) so thanks again as you put me onto the right track.

AW

Paul Webster
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 - 11:55 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Thanks for the update.

Would be good if you could send me your dabdig.txt so that I can see what was going on?

(contact email address at the top of dabdig.ini)

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management