DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    Nebula DigiTV
        DigiTV not recording anything to disc.

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
Chips
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 16:10 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I've just started using DABDig since Nebula's DigiTV screwed up the EPG on Jan 1st this year. I am mostly happy with it, and would be ecstatic if I could work out why DigiTV doesn't save DABDig scheduled recordings to disc - intermittantly.

What happens is the Digiguide event triggers DABDig to start DigiTV to start recording. This happens just fine, the systray icon changes to the familiar red and black one indicating that it is recording. Unfortunately, no corresponding file is ever created or saved to the disc. The recording stops as scheduled and there is still no file.

DigiTV's built-in scheduler works just fine, albeit using a screwed EPG, but at least it records and saves something.

Any clues?

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 06:52 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I posted about this on the digitv forum a while ago - and have just updated the posting to ask if DigiTV 3.7.14 gets it working again.

http://www.digitv-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=30223#30223

Chips
Posted: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 - 16:36 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Paul, thanks for the reply.

I tried 3.7.14 for a couple of days but finally got fed up with it crashing every time I ejected or closed the CD/DVD tray. I never got to really test DABDig with it I'm afraid.

Extra bit of info: If DigiTV is in this 'Recording but not saving' mode, it exhibits a strange symptom. If I open DigiTV up, it displays a blank screen in the TV preview window. If I switch to another channel in the same mux, I still get a blank screen. If I switch to another channel on a different mux the picture returns, as does the original channel picture upon switching back.

I believe that if DigiTV tries to record a mis-tuned channel it will exhibit this very same behaviour. Perhaps DABDig is sending the wrong channel info in its recording command?

Unfortunately, it's not consistent. It only fails once in every 5 timers (roughly). I can also get a week of reliable recordings, followed by another week of intermittant ones - even on the same channel.

Any further thoughts gratefully received.

Andy.

Paul Webster
Posted: Thursday, February 5, 2009 - 05:38 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding inconsistency ... it is almost impossible (ok - a dangerous comment with software) for DABDig to do random things with the same data because it is run by DigiGuide with a command line (that you can see in the dabdig.txt) ... it then does its job ... and exits.

So, if nothing else has changed then it should always do the same thing.

Changes to watch out for, though, include Freeview channel renumbering/renaming.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

i0i
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 - 17:47 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I installed the latest version of DigiTV (3.7.14 which fixed the +- 1day EPG error).

I've had no problems, all works OK and the EPG now functions correctly. However, DABDig no longer initiates recordings. Far as I can see, DABDig is sending the recording request (it disapears from Digiguide at the right time). It does not transfer to the DigiTV EPG though, so nothing gets recorded.

Any ideas?

I completely relied on DABDig, and only just noticed that it's not queuing up my recordings. Of course I immediately assumed it was a fault with DigiTV, DABDig never fails to work Smile.

Regards

David

Paul Webster
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2009 - 19:58 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I think that this is problem in recent Nebula software where it writes to the registry once a minute rather than reading from it - so it never sees the requests that I add.

To check it ... stop DigiTV - then send a recording request from DG/DABDig and let DABDig start DIgiTV. If it then records then it is almost certainly that problem.

Have reported it a few times to Nebula - and also discussed it on the 3rd-party DigiTV support forum.

See http://www.digitv-forum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5994&start=88

You could try reconfiguring DABDig to send recording requests to DigiTV via HTTP (setting for this in dabdig.ini).

If it doesn't quite work then let me know and I'll try to help get it going again.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Edited by Paul Webster on Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 3:11:08 PM

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management