DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    DigiGuide
        Where are schedules stored?

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
deanwade
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 19:06 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I've just switched to DABDig from ShowShifter. I use WinTV to record via DigiGuide & DABDig.

I would like to manually adjust some recording times and would like to know where the record schedules are stored? - ShowShifter uses windows Schedule.

...also what application (or service) has to be running for scheduled recording to be carried out?

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 23:05 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

In the default way of working ... the schedules remain in DigiGuide until a few minutes before the programme is due to start.

You can adjust the amount of pre/post recording time by changing playin and playout in dabdig.ini

You could also edit the Alert tab on the marker and replace the run-time calculated date/time with your own hard-coded version.

If you give me some more clues about what you want to do and why then I might have some concrete suggestions.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

deanwade
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 - 06:26 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I've found Windows schedule to be robust and does not need an application to be running...I assume that DigiGuide needs to be running for timed events to be executed?Smile

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2007 - 07:27 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Sure - if DigiGuide is not running then it cannot tell DABDig what to record.

Most users leave it running whenever the PC is running - so that it is always available - for example to provide on screen or spoken alerts when a programme that they are interested in is soon to start ...

Leaving it to DigiGuide to decide when to send events to DABDig also means that if an update to the schedules happen and you have an "Anytime" marker set then it will be acted on.

"Anytime" markers are a great way to catch programmes - but work best if DG is always running.

That doesn't mean that there are not other ways of doing things - but if the only reason is because you trust the Windows Scheduler, I'd say that it is worth trying with DG always running and see what other benfits you can get.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management