DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    DigiGuide
        Record every prog on a channel, every day

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
becky9
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 18:00 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

With the advent of the complete mess up of uktv history / dave, would it be possible to set an every prog, every day on a particular channel. I'd just run a scheduled script to delete the oldest files leaving say 3 weeks worth of programming on the hd?

I'm running with nebula (2 tuners) and digiguide which has been great.

We are going to miss uktv history in the evenings and think this would be a good solution, although I don't want to record the whole programstream, would prefer to record individually.

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 06:42 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I think that you might be able to do this by setting a regular "Record with DABDig" marker and then editing it to change the programme selection criteria.

Right click on the marked programme, select "Edit 'DABDigR: whatever' marker", in the "Programme name" tab ... clear the name, in the Time tab set it to Anytime.

That might be sufficient - I'm not going to try it though, just in case it makes my DigiGuide installation unstable!

So - I suggest that you backup your DigiGuide configuration (the User-Settings directory at least) before trying this.

Also - this will rapidly consume recording disk space - so do make sure that you have plenty.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

becky9
Posted: Thursday, October 25, 2007 - 19:14 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Thanks Paul, didn't think it would be so simple.

Trying it now, will let you know how I get on.

Smile

becky9
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2007 - 21:39 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

It works well!

Now if we can just string enough tuners together and enough hard drives we can do it with all the channels Big Grin

Thanks again paul

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 - 00:12 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Glad to see it worked.

I think you would need 6 (one per mux) since DigiTV can record more than one channel from the same mux at the same time.

However, you might run out of disk space or USB/CPU power before then.

In reality ... is there that much worth recording Wink

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management