DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    My Set-up
        Hardware advice please

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
tahir
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - 18:52 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I need advice on recording radio. I'm thinking of changing my current setup:

WinXP

ModTech DAB PCI card

Dabbar

The main issue that I have is the bitrate changes, don't have the time to edit the files.

All I really want is to record radio, what's my best an cheapest option, I have a freeview aerial.

Any advice appreciated, apologies if I've posted in the wrong section.

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 17:37 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

IIf the

stations that you want are available on Freeview then it is a good alernative . The bitrate is higher and it doesn't suffer from reception problems as easily as DAB.

I use a Nebula PCI card and a different vendor (can't remember which) - both work for me. However, do check that it supports freeview radio before lashing out. I record from the low price USB device via WebScheduler (and DABDig of course)e)

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

tahir
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 17:42 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I only record Radio 4 with the occasional BBC7, so Nebula is a good choice?

Be a shame to move away from Dabbar after all those years...

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 11:14 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

The Nebula card works well for me - and those channels tend to be the ones I record as well.

However, it is expensive ... and other manufacturers have improved their offerings over the last couple of years.

So - I'd suggest getting a cheap USB device that is supported by Microsoft Media Center (i.e. BDA drivers) and then use WebScheduler to drive it (rather than MS MCE).

WebScheduler only does recording - which is not a problem if you only want to record and not watch/listen live.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management