DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    Nebula DigiTV
        Twin Tuners & multi recordings

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
James Heath
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Friday, August 3, 2007 - 14:26 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

Hi,

Long time no post!

I've been happily using my nebula/dabdig/digiguide system for a while.

Just recently, the Nebula reported an EEPROM failure - a re-install seemed to fix that (surprising!)

Whilst checkin gout Nebula's website for tips though, I noticed the 'slave' units - If I bought one of those & plugged it up, would DigiTV cope with overlapping recordings sent to it by Dabdig automatically?

Next qn - on the Nebula site it says:

"In practice, with the DigiTV application software you can record up to 20 programmes on 20 different channels at the same time if all of the channels are on just two multiplexes (and your PC can handle all of the data). "

Is doing multiple recordings from one MUX new in DigiTV 3.7 - i.e. splitting them in to real seperate mpg files?

Or does it mean that actually you'd have to do what I can already do with my old software & device - record the entire transport stream & pick the programmes out of it - which is not something that I can easily automate / handle through DABDIG.

Thanks all

James

Edited by James Heath on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 9:26:43 AM

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Friday, August 3, 2007 - 20:21 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Should work without any tweaks.

Nebula hold the recording queue in one place and then try to find a free tuner/mux to record on - unlike some of the other recording apps.

A brother has Nebula PCI and USB on one machine with DigiGuide and DABDig and it works fine for him.

Edited by Paul Webster on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 3:23:33 PM

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management