DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    DigiGuide
        Digiguide/GB-PVR no device to action

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
Amused
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 19:42 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I can't seem to set up DABDig. I run the DABDig config and it finds GBPVR (and wintv). I've then edited the Dabdig.ini file to ensure that GBPVR=1 and DEFAULT DEVICE=GBPVR. Yet when I try and record a progamme from digiguide I get the error message

did not find any devices to action - check the USE flags and DefaultDevice in dabdig.ini

I'm wondering did I miss something during setup (I really just ran the config and altered the fields I've mensioned, I've delete dabdig.ini and run a fresh a few time but no luck) or is this a Vista issue. Any other vista users having/had the same issue. I've had problem with files located in Program File before with Vista storing them in the VituralStore.

Can anyone help?

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 - 08:20 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Answered direct by email - but for others reading ...

First thing - the DefaultDevice setting should match one of the DevName fields (in this case TV) or be left blank.

With GBPVR in partcular ... I noticed earlier in this year that GBPVR now defaults to using SQLite as its underlyng database rather than an MS-Access mdb file.

This is a problem for DABDig because I don't know how to access SQLite from VBScript for free.

Luckily you can still manually configure GBPVR to revert to the old way of working by editing its config.xml file

(although this facility might be removed in future versions of GBPVR).

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management