DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    Leadtek WinFast
        Record Lead In

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
FourPart
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 12:40 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

Due to some file somewhere bein accidentally deleted or corrupted, I have just had to do a reinstall of Winfast PVR 2000 XP & DigiGuide.

After a fair bit of fiddling about I've managed to get the thing back to a basic working format, but whenever I schedule a record time I get the "It looks like Winfast is already running...." message coming up about 10 mins before the programme is due to start.

The Winfast screen then disappears, although sound remains, until such time as it reaches the scheduled record time, when it begins to record properly.

Basically, I need to stop the message from coming up until the recording time is actually due - especially when I need to record 2 sequential programmes - often on different channels.

I've looked at the dabdig.ini file but can't find anything that looks like it may be causing the problem.

The Playin, Playout & NowOffsets (all I can imagine being the casuse of this) are all set to 0.

Because of this being a 10 minute thing I even tried looking for a 600 second setting to give me some sort of clue, but without success.

Can you give me some sort of pointer as to where to go from here?

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 13:39 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Perhaps you had

LeadtekAllowForceExit=0

before.

You will probably find that this will make the box go away - but it might not get the recording started!

If that doesn't record - then try setting it to 2.

http://www.spidersweb.freeserve.co.uk/dab/dabdig.htm#config-Leadtek

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

FourPart
Posted: Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 18:28 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I've just tried both 0 & 2 and both have the same result - when setting a record schedule the Record Icon marker flashes momentarily into the relevant programme box & then disappears again.

Paul Webster
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2007 - 08:22 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

That's good isn't it?

You didn't say that the "Already running" box appeared or that WinFAST came up before the recording started or that the recording failed.

If the WinFAST stuff is still coming up 10 minutes before - then perhaps reducing the alert time before the show is due to start is the only answer.

If so - in DigiGuide

Edit/Edit marker type defaults/DABDigR/Alert

then click the "Enable" checkbox - change the 10 minutes to 1 minute or if tha tdoes not work then try 2 minutes then un-click the "Enable" checkbox and click on "Update default" at the bottom.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

FourPart
Posted: Friday, March 16, 2007 - 13:34 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

That seems to have fixed it.

Actually, I also had vague recollections of having similar problems last time I had to reinstall, so I did a Forum Search for posting made by me, and managed to find the previous post & solution (http://www.andrewcurrey.co.uk/dabdig/forum/topic.asp?id=97).

Once again, thanks for your help.

FourPart
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 19:07 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Unfortunately it looks like I was incorrect in my assumption that this had fixed things.

The 2 pop-up boxes appear at the correct places now (closing & restarting WinFast), but these now seem to be preceded by another error message window, which read something like "Unusual line in INI file TOTALRECORDER="

I've tried looking at the INI file & running a search for the string "TOTALRECORDER=", but all I could find was USETOTALRECORDER=0.

Also, once the WinFast closes down & starts recording (?), although the screen disappears from view, the sound remains on (could this be a result of not being able to close Total Recorder?).

Curiously, though, before I reinstalled everything, whenever a scheduled recording initiated, everything would on screen, but with the sound muted, which could always be turned back on by muting & unmuting the Line In checkbox in the standard Windows Volume Control.

Paul Webster
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 20:16 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

The reference to TotalRecorder is probably because you are using a dabdig.ini from a different version of DABDig.

In itself it should not be a problem - and should not happen on the next recording because DABDig modifies the dabdig.ini to remove the line.

If you check the dabdig.txt you will see the exact warning message.

A thought though - when you were using DABDig with the Leadtek device before ... is it 100% sure that DABDig was driving the Leadtek software not something else? (sometimes people use software from other sources and configure DABDig to drive that instead)

If it was the Leadtek software ... are you now running a different version of the Leadtek software since then?

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

FourPart
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 20:56 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

It is quite possible as when I started having these problems I tried doing a driver reinstall from the CD, without success & ended up downloading the latest drivers from the Leadtek site.

The following is a paste from dabdig.txt which relates to Leadtek / Winfast

18/03/2007 14:24:16 - 2.57b12 - Looks like Leadtek Winfast Wizard is already running.

I need to stop it to successfully add the scheduled item.

Can I stop it now? (Default Yes)

(You have 10 seconds to answer)

18/03/2007 14:24:31 - 2.57b12 - Looks like Leadtek TV Application is already running.

I need to stop it to successfully add the scheduled item.

Can I stop it now? (Default Yes)

(You have 10 seconds to answer)

However, there is no mention anywhere in the file for the "Unusual Line" error message that keeps appearing.

FourPart
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 - 21:11 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I've just set a marker to record a programme so I could monitor what happened.

First the "Unusual Line" message came up, followed by the Leadtek & Winfast 10 Second message, both of which I allowed to time out on default. Then the active Winfast window closed & reopened with the sound muted (this much is normal), but it failed to start recording.

With reference to the different versions of DabDig, I should also mention that as well as having downloaded a new version of the Leadtek / Winfast drivers, I also downloaded a new version of DabDig after fully uninstalling the previous versions of Winfast & DigiGuide / DabDig.

Paul Webster
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2007 - 09:26 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Is there a chance that your dabdig.ini is write protected?

Please send me your dabdig.txt and dabdig.ini

(email address is at the top of the dabdig.ini)

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Edited by Paul Webster on Monday, March 19, 2007 - 4:28:16 AM

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management