DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    All other devices
        ChrisTV problem with date

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
Tamás Dunaszegi
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 - 11:08 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I installed DABDig to schedule recordings with ChrisTV. Unfortunately it have problems with handling dates and as you can see the "Active" flag is also missing. Frown

Here is a sample ChrisTV Scheduler.ini file. the first item was added manually using ChrisTV UI, the second one was added by DABDig:

[test]

Active=1

ChrisTVMode=2

Reminder=0

ChannelName=m2

FileName=<default>

ProfileName=<No Recording Profile>

CloseChrisTV=0

AfterTask=0

TaskType=0

StartDate=2007.03.06.

StartTime=14:05:00

EndTime=15:05:00

Duration=1:00:00

EveryDay=1

WeekDays=D

[200703071143-Alfred Hitchcock bemutatja]

StartTime=11:43:00

StartDate=07/03/2007

ChrisTVMode=1

ChannelName=TV2

FileName=Alfred Hitchcock bemutatja-200703071143

ProfileName=<No Recording Profile>

CloseChrisTV=1

ClosePC=0

EndTime=12:25:00

Duration=00:42:00

Is there a way to alter this behavior by changing dabdig.ini configuration settings?

Please help!

Edited by Paul Webster on Friday, March 09, 2007 - 7:50:01 AM

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2007 - 12:49 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

ah .. this will need a small software change.

There is a field for this sort of thing (ChrisTVUSADateSyntax) but it simply moved the month to the front.

I have hard-coded the "/" divider.

So - it looks like ChrisTV uses the machines locale settings when saving the date.

As an interim measure - you could change the date format on your PC to use "/" rather than "." but it might mess up other things.

(from Windows Control Panel/Internatational Settings or something similar).

Meanwhile - I'll have a look at making the format configurable.

Regarding the Active=1 field - can you confirm whether or not it is really needed?

e.g. stop ChrisTV, edit the schedule file to correct the date format and move it forward in time ... and then restart ChrisTV and see if it picks it up automatically.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Tamás Dunaszegi
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2007 - 13:27 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the Active=1 field: if you do not set it, then the requested item will be inserted in the ChrisTV schedule list, but since the active checkmark is missing, the recording will not start automatically.

Tamás Dunaszegi
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2007 - 13:42 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Yes. It's working now. Thank you very much. Smile

Paul Webster
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2007 - 17:11 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Working without setting the active=1 ?

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Tamás Dunaszegi
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2007 - 17:27 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Yes, it does.

Paul Webster
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2007 - 18:09 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Great.

Just in case anyone else reads this - I sent Tamás a new (unreleased at this time) build of DABDig. Version 2.59b01

So - if you hit the same problem and 2.59 has not yet been released then send me a note and I'll send you a copy.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management