DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    All other devices
        Integration with Windows Media Centre

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
Coercri
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 18:30 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I was wondering if it was at all possible to integrate Digiguide and DABDig to work with Windows Media Centre?

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 22:13 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I've had a tentative look a couple of times - but given that most MCE users would use the EPG from Microsoft then I haven't really seen much strong demand for it (sometimes only a small demand is enough - but this one is a bit messy).

What degree of integration are you thinking about?

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Coercri
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 22:24 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Very much like your implementation of DABDig with DABRadio (Psion or Modular), I'm not really after it (Digiguide) to be usable within Windows Media Centre, just to enable Digiguide to be schedule recordings.

I think the guide within Windows Media Centre to be poor, especially when compare to Digiguide.

Paul Webster
Posted: Saturday, February 17, 2007 - 22:37 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

WHen MCE is driving the TV card it relies on "BDA" drivers.

There are other applications that can use BDA drivers that DABDig does support ...

So you might find that the existing DABDig integration with WebScheduler might be enough for you.

WebScheduler is free (link on the main DABDig page). If you can get it to work standalone - without messing up the rest of your installation - then we can get DABDig to drive it. (Needs a bit of fiddling around with channel names or a dabdig.map - but not too hard once the basics are working).

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Paul Webster
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 21:57 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I'm close to having a primitive mechanism to schedule things directly into MCE.

I have the right syntax but it isn't activating seamlessly yet.

With some luck it will be sort of working by the end of the upcoming week-end but I will not be making a new release yet - so contact me if you would like to try it.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Coercri
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 23:25 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Sounds promising, I would be most interested in taking a look - thank you.

brianlj
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 09:27 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I'm close to having a primitive mechanism to schedule things directly into MCE.

I have the right syntax but it isn't activating seamlessly yet.

With some luck it will be sort of working by the end of the upcoming week-end but I will not be making a new release yet - so contact me if you would like to try it.

Any more on this, Paul?

As you know, I'm quite keen on getting DigiGuide working with Windows Media Centre (WMC = MCE under Vista) and it looks like DABDig might be the 'missing link'!

Paul Webster
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 - 09:36 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Hello Brian,

Not much happened since - but one person did have it working in a very basic manner.

When I get back home (Friday) I can send you the beta and a few instructions.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

brianlj
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2007 - 12:39 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Not much happened since - but one person did have it working in a very basic manner.

Yes, I think I've been speaking with them over on the microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter group.

When I get back home (Friday) I can send you the beta and a few instructions.

Y'know, I think I'll leave it, thanks. I've really got too much on at the mo for proper beta-testing.

And I've been looking at things such as WebGuide4 which is already well-advanced. Although it's a browser-run sort of DigiGuide, it's already worked out how to get a link inside WMC so that you can call it from there. And if you're outside WMC, there's a sort of 'DigiGuideLite' running as a Gadget in the Windows Sidebar http://i11.tinypic.com/6apncj7.jpg and you can schedule recordings from there.

If GypsyMedia don't get into this sort of thing soon, they're going to be left behind!

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management