DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    TwinHan VisionDTV
        Channel mapping

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
johnk
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2006 - 13:42 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I've been trying to set up DABDig with the Twinhan card and DigiGuide for a couple of days without success.

The DABDig marker works, creates a recording in the TwinhanDTV schedule, and appears to select the right channel. However when the recording tries to start, an error message appears:

"Failed to record the program "[channel name]" It does not exist in the favorite list" - even though it does exist in the favorite list and is highlighted in the list when the program attempts to record.

Things appear to go wrong when DABDig schedules the recording. Even though the correct channel name appears in the schedule, when I click into the details by selecting "modify recording", the channel selected in the drop down menu is always Sky News, the first channel in the favorites list.

I think I've tried all the suggested options in the DABDig guide including mapping channels using dabdig.map, but I'm obviously not doing it correctly as it hasn't helped. If I schedule a recording directly in the VisionDTV software it works fine. Any suggestions anyone? If anyone has a sample dabdig.map for the Twinhan card, that would be a great start.

(I'm using TwinhanDTV PCI card/2.62 software with Digiguide 8.3 and the latest DABDig)

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2006 - 14:58 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Please send me your

TwinhanDTV\Favorite List\MyFavorite.lst

plus your Schedule.sch

all from TwinHan

plus dabdig.txt, dabdig.ini and (if any) dabdig.map from teh DigiGuide directory

and I'll see if I can work it out.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Edited by Paul Webster on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 10:01:14 AM

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 22:55 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

It looks like the root cause of the problem is that TwinHan have revised the format of their channel listings.

So - if you are using 2.6.5 of their software then try modifying some values in dabdig.ini as follows:

VISIONDTVFILEFREQUENCYPOSITION=105

VISIONDTVFILESYMBOLRATEPOSITION=109

VISIONDTVFILEPOLARIZATIONPOSITION=113

VISIONDTVFILEAPIDPOSITION=169

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management