DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    Nebula DigiTV
        Channel numbering with more than one transmitter

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
dge
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 17:10 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I've just bought a Nebula PCI card to use with Digiguide and Dabdig (thanks for the advice on this in the Digiguide forum Paul - the Nebula card works very well). I get a signal from both the Wenvoe and Mendip transmitters, so many of my stations are duplicated, with both versions sharing the same LCN. How can I make sure Dabdig records from the correct version?

In most cases I want to record from the Wenvoe signal as this is much stronger. However, for BBC1, BBC2 and ITV the two versions are not always the same (Wenvoe being in Wales, Mendip in England), so it's useful to have both and choose between them. The channel names are different (e.g. BBC TWO and BBC2W) but the LCN number in the DigiTV display is the same. I have both Welsh and English channels listed in Digiguide and in the Nebula DigiTV software, but how can I make Dabdig distinguish between them?

David

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2006 - 21:17 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Interesting.

Are you able to control which channels the recordings come from within the Nebula DigiTV recording scheduler (get their via its EPG function)?

If you can then it implies that it has a sneaky method ... perhaps added a few hundred to the LCN but presenting it with the number subtracted again.

If you can really control it from their GUI then schedule a couple of items using their software and (if you are confident using it) export the registry while they are still scheduled (HKLM/Software/Nebula) and send me the resulting file.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

dge
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 22:37 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I've now spotted that, although DigiTV lists and allows me to watch the different versions of BBC 2, the EPG (incorrectly) lists the Welsh programmes for both channels. Presumably this means that DigiTV is getting confused and can't reliably distinguish them. I think I'll just delete the English versions from DigiTV's listings, which will keep life simple!

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 08:12 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Please send me the registry anyway (with both sets of channels in) and I might be able to work out a way to do it.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management