DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     

Note: You must be registered in order to post a topic or reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Post reply to topic:  can i trigger dabdig without digiguide?

Your User Name:
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Insert a smile Insert a frown Insert a big grin Insert a wink Insert a razz (stick out tongue) Insert a snore Insert roll eyes Insert mad Insert evil Insert a clown Insert a blush Insert kisses Insert an eek! Insert cool   Add other emotions to your message    
Add other Forum Code to your message
  Remember Me: uses a cookie to remember your login details.
Signature: adds your profile signature to the end.
Automatically parse URLs: automatically converts internet addresses into forum code.
Email Notification: get emails sent to you whenever someone replies.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
aarons

Hello

I've been 'improving' (!) my system for the first time in six months or so.

There's some programmes I want to record regularly, from international channels that aren't on Digiguide.

I've already set up mplayer to record any stream I ask.

So, I wrote a little batch file to launch DABdig, which contains the following code..

dabdig.vbe RECORD "KCRW" "Stream+Stream-http://www.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwsimulcast.pls" "Morning Becomes Eclectic" "%date:~-4,4%" "%date:~-7,2%" "%date:~-10,2%" "17" "00" "180" "" ""

That does the job perfectly - I schedule it using the Windows Task Scheduler - but the dos window that runs the batch file stays there for the entire duration of the recording.

This isn't really a DABdig question - it's more to do with launching programmes in Win XP - but I was wondering if you had any ideas of how I could launch DABdig in a more elegant way?

R E C E N T    P O S T S     (newest first - Review the full topic)
aarons

Magic!

The following code does the trick..

START wscript //b dabdig.vbe RECORD "KCRW" "Stream+Stream-http://www.kcrw.com/pls/kcrwsimulcast.pls" "Test" "%date:~-4,4%" "%date:~-7,2%" "%date:~-10,2%" "20" "34" "1" "" ""

The problem with minimising was that I have so many automated scripts running at some times (automatically encoding video and audio for my ipod) that my desktop becomes unusable. So I need to find ways of keeping them as out of the way as possible.

Thanks for the help, yet again!

Paul Webster

Re cscript/wscript - .vbe/.vbs files are handled by cscript.exe or wscript.exe - since you mentioned cscript then I presumed that you were launching it directly.

In any case - you can prefix dabdig.exe with cscript or wscript.

If start /min reduces the window to the task bar then what is the remaining problem?

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Edited by Paul Webster on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 8:06:54 PM

aarons

i'm showing my lack of understanding here..

my command line starts 'dabdig.vbe', not cscript.exe (i presumed that dabdig called cscript) - so would that parameter do anything?

there is a windows trick to minimise the window - but minimising isn't really enough..

i do have a 3rd party programme that can hide a window, but i was trying to avoid that route

Paul Webster

How about

cscript //b

dangerous though since you won't get anything if it goes wrong.

Does wscript.exe have the same problem?

Is there a Windows trick available to make it run minimised?

start /min

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Edited by Paul Webster on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 2:53:33 PM

aarons

thanks for the reply.

start was a good idea. it does the trick - but cscript.exe then launches a dos window of its own, so back to square one

will look into creating a simple user channel instead.

Paul Webster

Perhaps preceding the dabdig.vbe with "start " (no quotes) might work (i.e. the batch file would continue to the next line and presumably exit).

Another approach would be to create a simple User Channel ... something like this ...

KCRW.tsv

18/7/2006<tab>1600<tab>180<tab>KCRW<tab>Morning Becomes Eclectic<tab>ENTERTAINMENT<tab><tab>

19/7/2006<tab>1600<tab>180<tab>KCRW<tab>Morning Becomes Eclectic<tab>ENTERTAINMENT<tab><tab>

etc

KCRW.dgc

################################################

# KCRW Listings

[info]

Name=someone

Email=someone@somewhere

HomeURL=http://somehwere

Description=KCRW

ChannelCount=1

[channel1]

Name=KCRW