DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     

Note: You must be registered in order to post a topic or reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Post reply to topic:  CANT Work

Your User Name:
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Insert a smile Insert a frown Insert a big grin Insert a wink Insert a razz (stick out tongue) Insert a snore Insert roll eyes Insert mad Insert evil Insert a clown Insert a blush Insert kisses Insert an eek! Insert cool   Add other emotions to your message    
Add other Forum Code to your message
  Remember Me: uses a cookie to remember your login details.
Signature: adds your profile signature to the end.
Automatically parse URLs: automatically converts internet addresses into forum code.
Email Notification: get emails sent to you whenever someone replies.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
videogamingtown

hey i had to just reinstall vista and had dabdig working perfectly before but now i cant get it to work at all. i am using the purchased dvbviewer and have used the correct settings i have even tried renaming my channels in digiguide to the exact match from dvbviewer but no luck. the furthest ive gotten is it sends the msg to dvbviewer and i get the message for eg. RECORDING BBC 1 UNTIL 12.30 but the channel doesnt change and i look in the timer in dvbviewer and its completly blank.

i tried using the map file also with several combinations. has anyone got any idea what im doing wrong?? please help i really loved this program.Frown

R E C E N T    P O S T S     (newest first - Review the full topic)
Paul Webster

Just to complete the story ... this was resolved soon after the email exchange.

The problem was traced to the date/time format being used on the Windows machine.

We already knew that DVBViewer used the local settings for the date divider (and hence this is configurable in DABDig) but had not realised that it used the complete local date/time syntax.

The Windows machine was set to us USA date format ... so DVBViewer required this in its API calls.

Changed DABDig to make configurable the entire date field that is sent to DVBViewer (with the default set to the standard for Europe of dd/mm/yyyy).

This worked fine and will form part of the 2.60 release.

If you need this version before it has been released then contact me.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

videogamingtown

e-mail sent mate Smile

Paul Webster

Send me an email and I'll send you the old version.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

videogamingtown

is there any chance u can upload dabdig version 2.57b12 for me because that is what i used before? please

videogamingtown

i wish i could say that fixed it but it did nothing sorry.

did u download my version of dvbviewer? and you have a working with dabdig? can u upload your setup including map so i can see ?

Paul Webster

Might have found it ... DateDivider

Looks like you have changed it from / to -

It is set to / in the extract that you posted - but I see "-" being used in the dabdig.txt

Also - another that is different from the default is

DVBVIEWERAPIP1=$CP/$CN

Should be vertical bar between $CP and $CN but forum seems to change it.

See the dabdig.htm for defaults.

EDIT: However, I see from elsewhere that this should not matter - so ignore

(datedivider is still needed though)

See also this posting on the DVBViewer forum

(especially the 8th July 2008 one)

http://www.dvbviewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=11143

COM API only available with paid for Pro version ... which I don't have. I remember now that I wrote it using the SDK Help text Wink but never able to test it. But as you have seen before ... it can work!

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Edited by Paul Webster on Friday, September 04, 2009 - 10:15:40 AM

videogamingtown

4.2.1.0 the latest release is what i haveBig Grin

Paul Webster

Which version of DVBViewer?

(I'll go and get the same one)

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

videogamingtown

the channel number in brackets was a random test by me it didnt work obviously. but i tried BBC 1=2847 and it still didnt work. same old story it displays RECORDING BBC 1 UNTIL A TIME and here is the log for that try

9/4/2009 5:17:11 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:1 - "RECORD" "BBC 1" "1" "The Weakest Link" "2009" "09" "04" "17" "15" "45" "Anne Robinson presents the quick-fire general knowledge quiz in which contestants must decide at the end of each round which of their number should be eliminated. (Stereo, Repeat, Widescreen, Subtitles)" "Quiz Show" ""

9/4/2009 5:17:12 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:1 - Programme started 3 minutes ago

9/4/2009 5:17:12 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:1 - Start time is now: 04/09/2009 17:17

9/4/2009 5:17:12 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:2 - onBig GrinVBViewer - DVBViewer Channel Map found for:BBC 1 to:2847

9/4/2009 5:17:12 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:1 - onBig GrinVBViewer - DVBViewer - Calculated substituted data as:-m

9/4/2009 5:17:12 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:1 - onBig GrinVBViewer - Full command line: "C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\dvbviewer.exe" -m

9/4/2009 5:17:22 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:1 - onBig GrinVBViewer - DVBViewer - Calculated substituted data as:2847

9/4/2009 5:17:22 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:2 - onBig GrinVBViewer - Call COM with:2847,04-09-2009,17:17,18:04,The Weakest Link-200909041717,1,1,0,4,-------

9/4/2009 5:17:22 PM - 2.59b26 - Trace:1 - onBig GrinVBViewer - DVBViewer - Calculated substituted data as:Recording BBC 1 until 18:04

and i dont think dvbviewer keeps logs

got anymore ideas>?Frown

Paul Webster

I can see all sorts of odd things in there - e.g. channel number in brackets.

The last oe looks like the right sort of mapping - but not sure how you chose the number.

Looks like it should be like this in dabdig.map

BBC 1=2847

Does DVBViewer maintain any logs?

Paul Webster

DABDig creator