DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     

Note: You must be registered in order to post a topic or reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Post reply to topic:  Mike Webster's setup

Your User Name:
Your Password:    Forgotten your password?
Rating:Don't rate this topic
 Rate this 1 star Rate this 2 star Rate this 3 star Rate this 4 star Rate this 5 star
Insert a smile Insert a frown Insert a big grin Insert a wink Insert a razz (stick out tongue) Insert a snore Insert roll eyes Insert mad Insert evil Insert a clown Insert a blush Insert kisses Insert an eek! Insert cool   Add other emotions to your message    
Add other Forum Code to your message
  Remember Me: uses a cookie to remember your login details.
Signature: adds your profile signature to the end.
Automatically parse URLs: automatically converts internet addresses into forum code.
Email Notification: get emails sent to you whenever someone replies.

T O P I C     R E V I E W
webbo73

Okay then....

Hush Mini-ITX EPIA MII "always-on" PC running latest Digiguide.

(webserver enabled).

Dabdig (ofcourse )

Wintv2K + WinTV PVR350 - although going to try wintvcap next.

Lan connection to Xbox running latest Xbox Media Center (XBMC).

mpeg2 TV recordings watched via XBMC on TV. A bit clunky, but works for me and it's cheap!

Mike

R E C E N T    P O S T S     (newest first - Review the full topic)
webbo73

Little update -

Was having a few problems with Wintv2k.exe after leaving the machine up and running for a few days and trying to record different programs on different channels. The EPIA is fairly low powered and wintv2k was a bit of a resource hog - considering I wasn't even watching the programmes live whilst they were recording, seemed sensible to try out wintvcap.

I can confirm after 4 days constant up time and several recordings later, that this works beautifully, using the wintv pvr 350's built in mpeg encoder to record direct to disk... therefore cpu util is negligible, even when recording.

Mike