DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    All other devices
        Trouble getting DVBviewer working

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
SimonP
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2008 - 08:13 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I'm trying to get Digiguide/DabDig/DVBviewer working using Freeview in the UK but it doesn't seem to want to play.

I'm using the full purchased version of DVBviewer and have changed the path to its folder. I altered a couple of other settings like extra time at start and finish plus "apiprefered' and DVBviewer launches but doesn't change channel or record.

These are the relevant settings, can you see anything wrong?

OUTPUTTARGET=D:\Recorded TV

OUTPUTTARGETCREATE=0

PLAYIN=5

PLAYOUT=5

NOWOFFSET=0

DATEDIVIDER=/

FILENAMEDATE=1

FILENAMETIME=1

FILENAMESERIES=1

FILENAMEORDER=NCDTS

DVBVIEWERDEVNAME=DVB

DVBVIEWERPATH=C:\Program Files\DVBViewer

DVBVIEWERCMD=dvbviewer.exe

DVBVIEWERCMDP1=

DVBVIEWERRECCMDP1=-m

DVBVIEWERALLOWFORCEEXIT=2

DVBVIEWERALLOWFORCEEXITONVIEW=0

DVBVIEWERMATCHNAME=0

DVBVIEWERSCHEDLINE=$TI-$DY$DM$DD$DH$DN;$CP/$CN;$DD/$DM/$DY;$DH:$DN:0;$EH:$EN:00;

DVBVIEWERSCHEDLINESUFFIXTV=0;0;0

DVBVIEWERSCHEDLINESUFFIXRADIO=0;0;0

DVBVIEWERNUMOFSLOTS=10

DVBVIEWERRECWINSTYLE=2

DVBVIEWERVIEWWINSTYLE=3

DVBVIEWERAPIPREFERRED=1

DVBVIEWERAPICOMPREFIX=DVBViewerServer.DVBViewer

DVBVIEWERAPIP1=$CP/$CN

DVBVIEWERPAUSE=10000

DVBVIEWERDISABLEAV=1

DVBVIEWERRECACTION=0

DVBVIEWERRECACTIONRADIO=0

DVBVIEWERAFTERREC=0

DVBVIEWEROSDMSGONREC=

DVBVIEWEROSDMSGONVIEW=

DVBVIEWEROSDMUTE=0

DVBVIEWEROSDDELAY=3000

The only idea I had is that I'm not sure if DVBviewer uses the standard channel numbers but I don't know what to do about that.

Thanks.

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Sunday, July 6, 2008 - 18:51 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

The channel number/name differences is the likely cause.

Best way to check is to concentrate on one channel.

Schedule something long in the future using the DVBViewer Pro gui then try to schedule something that starts in 10 minutes time via DABDig and then look at the schedule in DVBViewer Pro. My guess is that you will see differences in the channel name/number.

Then right click on the channel icon in the DigiGuide Grid view and change it to match the values in DVBViewer - then repeat the test.

If that makes it work that there is more than one way to solve it for the other channels - i.e. renaming in DG is not essential.

Post back here with the results.

See also

http://www.spidersweb.freeserve.co.uk/dab/dabdig.htm#FAQDVBViewer

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

SimonP
Posted: Monday, July 7, 2008 - 23:11 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Thanks for the swift reply and suggestions, Paul. I did as you said and here is what the recorder screen looked like. The top entry was the one I set to record soon via DG, the other later via the recorder. I held the mouse over the first entry so that you can see the info it offered and both do seem to be BBC1 but I'm not sure what the little icon means, presumably it can't recognise the "West" bit? Either way, it didn't record.

[img=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4320/dvbvrecorderaf2.th.jpg]

It looks as if some renaming or modifying is required, which program is the best to do that?

(Sorry, I'm fairly new to DVBviewer but I'll ask on their forum as well)

P.S. Current release versions of all software.

Edited by SimonP on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 6:12:41 PM

SimonP
Posted: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 - 03:18 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Some time later....

I thought I'd try setting DVBVIEWERAPIPREFERRED=0 and it looked better, however when it launched DVBviewer it gave an error: "Could not find meaningful data in C:\Program Files\DVBviewer\Setup.ini - please check configutation" which is not surprising since there isn't one, only setup.xml which only contains weather and RRS feed data.

Paul Webster
Posted: Tuesday, July 8, 2008 - 04:39 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

So - next stp is to rename BBC 1 in your DigiGuide to exactly match.

Plus put APIPreferred back to 1 (0 will not work for recent versions of DVBViewer).

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

SimonP
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 00:41 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

It seems that the names in Digiguide are the source of the problem as they are different to the names in DVBviewer so, assuming you have the "paid" version of DVBviewer (leave DVBVIEWERPATH and DVBVIEWERCOMMAND alone if you're using the TSplayer), do the following:

* Install and configure Digiguide and DVBviewer if they're not already set up.

* Install DABdig as per instructions in the FAQ (http://www.dabdig.co.uk/dab/dabdig.htm#anchordab003), open C:\Program Files\Digiguide\dabdig.ini and set:

USEDVBVIEWER=1

OUTPUTTARGET=<your Recorded TV folder>

DVBVIEWERPATH=C:\Program Files\DVBViewer

DVBVIEWERCMD=dvbviewer.exe

and save dabdig.ini

* Start DVBviewer and open 'Channel Editor'.

* Start Digiguide and select Tools / Add/remove channels.

The right hand box contains the channels you've selected but some of them are named differently to the ones in DVBviewer so:

* Select the first channel in DVBviewer and note how it is displayed (i.e. BBC ONE in the UK)

* Switch back to Digiguide, select 'Change number', and in the lower box enter the name that DVBviewer uses (Digiguide called it "BBC 1 West" but it needs changing to "BBC ONE" in this example).

* Go down the list comparing and editing all the channel names as required so that Digiguide matches DVBviewer's channel names exactly. The channel numbers can remain the same, although you could change them to the odd ones that DVBviewer uses if you want (i.e. BBC ONE is '1' in Freeview but '26' in DVBviewer - don't ask me why, it's a quirk of DVBviewer that I wish they'd fix).

* In Digiguide right-click on a programme, select 'Record using DABDig' and 'Once'

* Go back to DVBviewer and you'll see that it is recording (although default settings mean that it takes a minute before it actually starts - change NOWOFFSET=0 to -1 to start instantly).

* Right-click on the screen and select Record / Timer (or shrink DVBviewer to a window if necessary and select DVBviewer / Timer from the top line).

You'll see your recording in the timer and can see it growing in size in your Recorded TV folder so you know it's working.

And that's it! It looks terribly complicated but it's actually simple once you know how. I imagine the same applies to many other viewer softwares too.

Paul Webster
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 22:17 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Glad it worked.

I've been away on holiday - hence the delay im replying.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management