DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    All other devices
        WinTV-NOVA-T-500

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
mym
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 02:58 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I've just bought a WinTV-NOVA-T-500 - mainly so I can record more than one thing at a time. Is there anyway dabdig can cope with this?

I've got it working as if it was a single decoder via the usual settings to run WinTV2k.

Product details are at http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_novat500.html

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 21:42 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Not something that I have tried or researched - but I'll have a look.

Just been to check - and I see that it has 2 tuners ... and they say taht they can do it ... so I expect that I will be able to find a way as well.

Just need to find where WinTV-Scheduler is storing its data.

Please schedule a couple of things using their GUi and see what files change in the WinTV directories.

If nothing appears to have changed - then it might be using with Windows Scheduler - or perhaps the Windows Registry.

I can help you find it if you are not sure how to do it.

Edited by Paul Webster on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 4:48:09 PM

Paul Webster
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 21:56 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Just checked their documentation.

It says:

WinTV-Scheduler works by using the Windows Task Scheduler to

launch WinTV at the chosen time. WinTV-Scheduler sets up a command

line in Task Scheduler to run WinTV2000, specifying a TV channel

and a length of time to record.

So - schedule 2 itmes that overlap using their GUI and then from Windows:

Start/Control Panel/Scheduled Tasks

and have a dig around to find the 2 items ... and tell me the command line it is using for each recording.

(right-click/properties/run)

and not any other fields that are not empty.

You could email me a couple of screenshots if easier.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

mym
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 03:22 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Hello Paul, thanks for looking.

I set up two recordings a minute apart, same channel, 30 mins each. Here are the run commands in the scheduler:

C:\PROGRA~1\WinTV\BGRecorder.exe -c5 -ntod -startr:WinTV_01.mpg -qdef -limit:1800 -mute

C:\PROGRA~1\WinTV\BGRecorder.exe -c5 -ntod -startr:WinTV_02.mpg -qdef -limit:1800 -mute

Edited by mym on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 10:24:57 PM

Edited by mym on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 10:25:11 PM

Paul Webster
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 05:51 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

OK - so it just uses the regular command line.

Therefore ... try editing dabdig.ini and set

WinTVPVRAllowForceExit=0

Make sure that WinTVPVRPath is pointing to the right location

and edit WinTVPVRCmd to say BGRecorder.exe rather than WinTV2K.exe.

(you could leave WinTVPVRCmd as WinTV2K.exe to see what happens - but since they are using DGRecorder then I expect that DABDig should as well)

Also - it might be necessary to change WinTVPVRRecWinStyle - but leave it at 3 for now - but you might need to set it to 1.

If it is necessary to use BGRecorder - then I will make a small change to DABDig so that you can configure a different application to perform the View function - but since recording is the key requirement here, you should be able to get that working without any changes.

If things do not work after trying the different settings above - then - please set TraceFlags=2

then repeat a test and send me the dabdig.txt and matching dabdig.ini with a description of what happened.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

mym
Posted: Tuesday, November 7, 2006 - 22:07 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

That seems to be working Paul, many thanks. I'll now test whether I can watch something and record something else at the same time.

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management