DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    All other devices
        Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
dge
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 21:27 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

I want to buy a combined Freeview/analogue TV card to schedule recordings from Digiguide on a Windows XP Pro machine. Can anyone confirm if DABDig will work with Digiguide and this TV card please? It's not listed as compatible on the DABDig help pages, but most other Hauppauge cards are. Alternatively, does anyone have recommendations for alternative Freeview/analogue TV cards that do work with DABDig and Digiguide?

David

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 22:24 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

I would expect it to work ... but it might ned some tweaking to be able to tell it which tunder to record from.

Quick question though - can it support both at the same time?

Basically - there is usually an application called WinTV2K.exe with their cards - and it can be run with a command line telling it what to do. That is how DABDig usually drives it.

So - you could download their software from their support site and see if it is in the package (before you buy the kit) and if it is there then I reckon there is a good chance that it will work.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

dge
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2006 - 23:52 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Thank you. WinTV2K.exe is in the software, though there isn't any documentation to say what it's used for (analogue, digital or both). The drivers for the HVR 1300 also cover the Nova-T range.

Perhaps it might be safer for me to buy a different TV tuner? Mainly I want to use Freeview. My new PC will have USB2 ports, so an external tuner would be an option. Do you know of a Freview tuner that will definitely work with DABDig and Digiguide?

David

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 09:50 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

Looks pretty good to me. I reckon that it will work.

There are a few USB devices that should work. I don't have any of them myself.

I do have a Nebula PCI card and I know of others with Nebula USB2.

It is relatively expensive but probably the most functional ... but that functionality comes with some drawbacks in that the software seems to make three steps forward and one step back.

Interesting function is that it can record more than one channel from the same mux.

They also support daisy-chained devices. This is one of the new areas in their software that does not work for everyone.

General benefit of PCI card solutions is that they are on when the PC is on. Issues that people have with USB devices appear to be mainly around boot time and resume from hibernation.

You can search the forum for "USB" and extend range to "Any Time" - you will see a few references from people with devices - some working and some with problems.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management