DABDig Forums
register | my profile | my bookmarks | my notifications | search | faqs
Show topics:     
   All Forums
    Nebula DigiTV
        DABDig trying to run wrong program

Jump to:     
Bookmark This Topic | E-mail This Topic To A Friend   Previous Topic   Next Topic
Author Topic
Ollie
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 21:00 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  (IP Logged)

A strange one, this... it seems to have happened over the weekend, during which I made no changes to anything, but at some point DABDig lost the ability to start DigiTV for recordings. It was still able to start it to Listen, just not to Record.

Using TRACEFLAGS=4, I found that DABDig was trying to start DigiTV-HD.exe, instead of DigiTV.exe. So I've cured this by editing the "NEBULADIGITVTASK=DigiTV-HD.exe,DigiTV.exe" line in dabdig.ini to remove the former filename.

So it's all working fine again now; but it's still a puzzle why, after having been working perfectly well, DABDig should have suddenly been trying to start the wrong program - but only for recording, not for listening.

Paul Webster
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post    Visit the author
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 - 21:40 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

That is odd.

I added the DigiTV-HD support because in more recent versions of DigiTV that is what the executable is called, even if you do not have any High-Definition TV.

Had you recently downgraded your DigiTV software?

When recording I simply start the first in the list.

The "Play" code is a bit different in that I try to start the first executable that exists based on the field in dabdig.ini

So - if you don't have a DigiTV-HD.exe then it would try the next one on the list ... so I guess I should really put the same code in both places.

Paul Webster

DABDig creator

Ollie
Show this author's profile    Email the author of this post
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 - 20:48 Edit this message  Reply to this message with quotes  Delete this message  (IP Logged)

No, I haven't downgraded or in any way changed my installation of DigiTV for ages. (The version I've got works, so I'm reluctant to fiddle with it.) What I have done recently was upgrade DABDig, because I wanted to use a feature that wasn't supported in the version I was using - and that must have been the source of the problem; presumably the version I had previously dated from before you supported the DigiTV-HD executable.

I didn't immediately think this was the cause because the problem only arose a week or so after I upgraded, and all my recordings in the meantime had been successful. I was using my old dabdig.ini file, which wouldn't have had DigiTV-HD mentioned in it; so maybe I did something at the weekend that caused DABDig to update that bit of the file?

Anyway the thing that most puzzled me was why it worked with playing but not with recording, and you've now explained why that is. I think I'd agree that you should use the same code for both cases Smile

Previous Topic   Next Topic

Admin/Moderator: Thread Management